Help Wanted: Native Voter Project Coordinator
New e-mail address – Alyssa@ccp.org
National Nonprofit Voter Engagement InitiativeProject
The National Nonprofit Voter Engagement Initiative is a new and ambitious effort to dramatically expand the role of America’s nonprofits in voting and elections. A program of the Center for Civic Participation, it builds on the success of organizations such as MassVOTE, National Voice and the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits in mobilizing the broad nonprofit community and their civic allies.
The initiative seeks to leverage the enormous and untapped potential of nonprofit organizations to reach traditionally underrepresented voters in key states with high densities of underrepresented voters.
This new initiative is dedicated to expanding the role of nonprofits that have little or no history of doing voting work. The impact of these nonprofits on voting and democracy can, and will, be transformative when brought to scale. This effort intends to do that by building fully staffed, state-based voter engagement initiatives to help identify, train and support the voting related work of individual nonprofit organizations.
• Oversee all aspects of national voter engagement initiative with responsibility for implementing national initiative business plan and ensure high quality service delivery to individual state initiatives.
• Supervise all national initiative staff and vendors. Directly supervise organizing and voting rights staff and administrative support staff – jointly supervise development and communications specialists along with appropriate CCP department heads. Assist with integrating initiative and CCP’s other activities.
• Conduct state assessments to determine readiness for state-based voter engagement initiatives.
• Develop state initiative plans with selected states, working with other CCP staff as necessary to ensure coordination and integration of all activities.
• Assist state initiatives as they begin plan implementation. Provides support to state initiatives, including assistance with planning, training, outreach, fundraising, materials and communications.
• Oversee dissemination of all materials, whether created in-house or contracted from vendors and coordinate delivery of technical assistance to the state initiatives.
• Manage National Initiative Advisory Council.
• Assist with fundraising for national and state initiatives. Provide guidance and training for state initiatives as they establish their own fundraising models.
• Minimum three to five years of grassroots organizing experience
• Project management experience
• Experience supervising staff
• Experience work with nonprofit organizations required
• Experience with electoral or civic engagement work strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
• Ability to create and experiment with new organizing models and systems
• Willingness to engage in direct “hands-on” organizing as well as more strategic visioning and supervisory functions
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse organizations as well as a range of organizing philosophies and styles
• Comfort with public speaking
• Second language skills preferred
• Ability to travel
• Willing to be based in Minnesota
Please send your résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Suzanne Stenson O’Brien
Executive Director, Center for Civic Participation
2105 First Avenue S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
or by email to email@example.com.
The position will be filled as soon as possible.
NATIVE UNITY - A place for Native American Peoples to solidify their tribes to make a positive impact on the cultural, social, economic and political fabric of American society and a place for non-Natives to better understand the ways of the American Indian.
For news and information on Native American and First Nations actors, go to Annie's site at www.NativeCelebs.com and follow the threads.